Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Holidays

Some events and invites keep me occupied for this long weekend -

01.01.10 - CSR aka community service responsibility. Enlisted by my bro to help in being a usher for a old folks' event. So niece, I, bro n wifey had a wanton mee breakfast to store the energy required especially for bro as he needed to lift wheelchairs. Godson had his usual staple - 2 runny eggs, hot milo and kaya toast. Well I landed as a part-time photographer for snapping the arrival of busloads of old folks. Finally I served as a usher during the departure of the old folks.

02.01.10 - Joined a running club event - Scenic Northern 2010 New Year Fun Run. It was a 15km "flower smelling" pace run. Route highlites - Yishun Dam, Bottle Tree Park and Sembawang Hot Spring. The weather was good - cloudy with the sun playing "hide-n-seek", breezy, lots of photo taking, cheerful folks and encouraging marshall. As bro has another appmt, we left the group after bottle tree park. Overall, its a good scenic run that brought me to unknown places like the Dam and a cheery marshali kept suggesting its a good dating venue ...... he thought bro and I were couple .... no breath to clarify with him ; P

Makan party at R&T's house - what a feast I had - roasted duck, bryani rice, ayam curry, ikan curry, prawn curry, rye bread, red wine, white wine, beer, cheese cake, long-gan agar agar. To load the carbs I burned in the moring run. Chit chat, drinking, eating and Wii-ing. Fun evening, thanks to wonderful hosts - Mrs & Mr Chua.

03.01.10 - Woke up with some booze hangover but determined to kick off my Marathon training plan, so went for 2 aerobics classes and 30mins hill-pgm on treadmill. Now both legs felt like lead. Will rub some muscular relief balm and paste some muscular relief pads...good sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment